Top 6 Tips When Hiring a Roofing Contractor
Hiring a Roofing Contractor the Easy Way!
We’ve compiled a quick checklist to help you avoid roofing scams and save as much money as possible.
Here Are Our Top 6 Tips to Hire The Best Roofing Contractor in Your Area
1. HAVE A WRITTEN CONTRACT A proper contract should spell out the work to be performed, your cost, and when it will be completed.
2. DON’T PAY IT ALL UP FRONT Insist on a payment schedule based on work completed. It is common to break out payments into three portions to ensure timely work.
3. KNOW WHO YOU LET IN YOUR HOME Make sure your contractor performs background checks on all employees and sub-contractors
4. REQUIRE PROOF OF INSURANCE Licensed contractors must carry Workers’ Compensation Insurance and General Liability Insurance. Require proof of these policies to protect yourself.
5. GET A WARRANTY Reputable roofers and contractors will provide a warranty for their work. A 2-year warranty is common for interior and other work, while many of our Roofers will provide warranties many years longer.
6. KNOW WHAT YOU KNOW, AND WHAT YOU DON’T KNOW Most homeowners aren’t experts in building products and construction methodology. If you are unsure, ASK!
Don’t take a chance with your home. Work with the best roofing contractor in your area! Let us do the vetting for you to save you time and money. If you have any questions, or aren’t sure about something, give us a call at866-819-5215to speak directly with a discontinued tile roofing specialist, or email us at email@example.com.
Hope this helps!